University of Sheffield Ask Sheffield

How do I get my accommodation deposit back?

Tara Matthew
2016-08-24 14:22

When you moved into your accommodation, you paid a £150.00 Damage Deposit.

Accommodation and Commercial Services will email you within eight weeks of your contract end date to let you know whether or not any deductions are to be made from this. The remaining balance will be paid directly into the UK bank account of your choice.


To ensure you receive your accommodation deposit refund as quickly as possible, you will need to supply us with your UK bank account details so that any remaining funds can be paid directly into this account.

If you do not have a UK bank account or are leaving the UK and will have closed your account then please contact the Income Office at


We can make payments into bank accounts worldwide or arrange an alternative payment method depending on your circumstances.

We have a secure facility available via MUSE between 12th May 2014 and 13th July 2014 where you’ll be able to provide us with UK bank details.

To give us your UK bank account details:

·   Log into MUSE

·  Click on My Services
·   Click on View all Services
·   Click on Bank Details
·   Under the heading ‘Accommodation damage deposit refund’ click on the link  to enter bank details
·  Enter your current UK bank account details. This facility does not accept non-UK account details.


If you do not provide us with your preferred bank account details, the refund process may be delayed.


Average rating: 0 (0 Votes)

You cannot comment on this entry